[forum] This is Great!

David Dawes forum@XFree86.Org
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 15:23:31 -0500

I've got to admit that I think all these issues, comments, clarificaitons
coming out is great.  I am sorry that this did not happen earlier, but
it's great to see something good grow out of unfortunate events.

But this is great.  Great comments.  Great feedfack.  Great issues.
It's great that as the XFree86 community comes forward with issues they
are being met with either further questions to understand the issue,
help in clarifying the issues, and/or changes to the web site to clarify
things that have been presented poorly.

I'm really proud to be part of such a process, and in that spirit I'm
going to setup a mechanism for tagging regular (every two weeks) snapshots
on the CVS trunk (with the first one tonight -- 4.3.99.1).  It should
be easy to have the relevant changelog posted on the web site too.  For
those who don't know about it, we already have a running changelog
extract that's updated every hour at
<http://www.xfree86.org/cvs/changes.html>).

Thanks one and all.  Keep up the great work!

David
--
David Dawes
Release Engineer/President                      The XFree86 Project